Published January 2021
- CONTRACT TERMS
Access to the WEIGHT ESCAPE Online Programme
Access to the WEIGHT ESCAPE Online Programme is through online payment. Once signed up to the Programme, you may not assign your registration to any third party.
When you sign up to a WEIGHT ESCAPE Programme, the contract covers its 10-week duration. For follow-on support, you can opt into membership of WEIGHT ESCAPE Sustain.
Cancellation of 10-week Programme
You may cancel your membership of WEIGHT ESCAPE Online within 14 days of your Programme start date and receive a full refund of monies paid. Refund terms are different for Premium Programme Participants. Please read the information in the section below under this heading.
Duration of Access to WEIGHT ESCAPE Online Programme Content
Access to WEIGHT ESCAPE content will cease if:
- you cancel your membership of the 10-week Programme within 14 days of starting (as in the point above),
- or when you finish the 10-week Programme and do not opt into WEIGHT ESCAPE Sustain
- or when you cancel your ongoing membership of WEIGHT ESCAPE Sustain
Termination of Contract by WEIGHT ESCAPE
WEIGHT ESCAPE reserves the right to cancel its contract with you if it knows of or suspects unauthorised use of the Programme as listed below but not limited to the list of ‘Prohibited Activity’. In the event of such cancellation, WEIGHT ESCAPE shall hold no responsibility nor liability towards you.
You agree not to:
- Forge your identity and/or provide untrue, inaccurate personal information
- Upload or transmit any information on the site (for example in the Chat facility) that is unlawful, obscene, harmful, libellous, or inappropriate, as determined by WEIGHT ESCAPE
- Upload or transmit information or material that you do not have permission to share (such as copyrighted material)
- Upload or transmit information or material that could harm the operation of the Programme (such as computer viruses etc.)
- Advertise the services of any third party on the WEIGHT ESCAPE site
- Modify, copy, reproduce or distribute any part of the WEIGHT ESCAPE Programme as per our Copyright Terms (Section 5)
- Use WEIGHT ESCAPE for commercial gain
- Attempt to access other participants’ accounts
- Share information gleaned about WEIGHT ESCAPE participants or employees
In the event of WEIGHT ESCAPE identifying a breach of contract, we will act immediately, in accordance with what we deem appropriate. Actions may include, but are not limited to:
- Informing you of the breach, and warning you to discontinue and/or rectify the breach with immediate effect
- Removal of inappropriate material posted to the site by you
- Suspending your right to use WEIGHT ESCAPE (temporarily or permanently)
- Legal proceedings against you
Premium Programme Participants
As part of your Programme you receive five 45-minute one-to-one coaching sessions and can choose between telephone or video call. The following conditions apply:
- All five coaching sessions must be completed within the 10-week duration of your Online Programme.
- Available coaching slots will be provided to you at the outset and you are required to book your five sessions upfront.
- A gap of approximately two weeks between sessions is recommended but this is at your discretion and subject to the Coach’s availability.
- A maximum of one session can take place within the first two weeks of your Programme.
- Re-scheduling or cancellations of appointments should be done at least 24 hours before the planned date and time otherwise the session is forfeited.
- If the participant has any concern about their coaching sessions, they should advise the Coach as soon as possible. To work together effectively, the Coach must be alerted to any problems and she will endeavour to rectify them.
- Should the participant wish to terminate the Programme, this must be done in writing. Terminations within 14 days of starting the Programme will be eligible for a full refund of monies paid if a coaching session has not taken place. If a coaching session has taken place, 80% of the total monies paid will be refunded. No refunds are provided beyond the 14-day period of starting the Programme. It is not possible to transfer partway through from a Premium Programme to the standard core Programme, however, it is possible to book on to a new Programme and start afresh.
- The Coach recognises that anything shared with her by the participant is regarded as confidential. She undertakes not to use or disclose any information that is shared with her during sessions that could be attributed to the participant.
- The Coach will support the participant fully in achieving their objectives by questioning, challenging, supporting, acting as a sounding board and sharing her experience as appropriate.
- The participant enters into the Premium Programme with the full understanding that they are responsible for creating their own results, with the assistance of the Coach. Participants must be committed to achieving their goals and active in working towards them between sessions.
Personal information means any information that can be used to identify you such as your first and last names, telephone number, email address, mailing address, bank details etc. You are able to browse the public pages of the WEIGHT ESCAPE website without providing any personal information.
How your information is used
When you contact WEIGHT ESCAPE through this website or by other communication channels (such as telephone, email or social media), you do so voluntarily and provide any such details requested at your own risk. You are advised to exercise due care and caution with regard to the provision of personal details especially information of a sensitive nature.
We use the information you provide for necessary administrative tasks including, but not limited to, responding to your queries, processing requested bookings on to WEIGHT ESCAPE Programmes or events, processing payments for bookings and delivering our contract to you.
To gain access to the WEIGHT ESCAPE Programme upon payment, you may be required to provide personal details and create a username and password. You are responsible for keeping the details confidential. You are also responsible for all activity that occurs under your username and password. If you suspect a breach, you must alert WEIGHT ESCAPE without delay.
As part of the WEIGHT ESCAPE Programme, you have access to an online chat facility where you can upload content. You accept that this is a public area and content is not confidential. You are responsible for the content you submit, and any consequences arising from it. You are also responsible for any actions you may take based on content submitted by others.
We may also use your personal information to inform you of future relevant Programmes and events. You can unsubscribe from any correspondence by emailing your request to email@example.com
No personal details will be passed on to third parties nor shared with organisations outside of WEIGHT ESCAPE, unless required by law. We may use anonymised information for promotion and marketing purposes and pass on anonymised information to third party providers who assist with WEIGHT ESCAPE’s marketing activity.
WEIGHT ESCAPE stores information and data supplied by you on secure servers provided by Freethought, a UK-based, ethical, Carbon Neutral company with impressive proven ethical and environmental credentials. It is stored until a time it is no longer required.
We do not store your payment card details. They are stored by the third-party processor (Stripe/PayPal) that we use to process payments. WEIGHT ESCAPE only holds transaction records on secure servers but not your credit or debit card details.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, and we use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of this information.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold. To do so please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the information within 30 days.
Updating your personal information
You are responsible for providing up-to-date, accurate and complete personal information. You can amend or delete information that we hold about you via your Membership Account. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com and we will act on your request within 30 days.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files which are downloaded to your computer with your permission. You can choose whether to accept cookies but if you decline this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and adversely affect your visitor experience.
As is common with most businesses, this website uses the information stored by cookies to enhance your visitor experience.
https://www.weightescape.co.uk uses the cfs_session cookie due to the website being created using WordPress. This cookie does not store any personal information relating to website users.
https://www.weightescape.co.uk makes use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the website – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes date and time of visit to site, country/city (estimated from internet protocol (IP) address), browser type (computer or mobile) and whether site was previously visited. This information is used to analyse trends, administer the site and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
How to control and delete cookies
WEIGHT ESCAPE uses Google Analytics as a tracking tool for the purpose of better understanding how visitors use the site. It is not used to track you individually or collect personal information. It helps us evaluate usage, compile statistical reports on activity, and improve our content and website performance.
Further information on cookies and Google Analytics is provided on the internet by organisations such as Wikipedia.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites. Information on how to do so is available on the internet under the heading: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
To achieve WEIGHT ESCAPE’s mission of a positive approach to your weight and wellbeing, visitors to our website and social media channels and participants on our Programmes and events are provided with information and guidance that we believe you will benefit from. Responsibility for choosing whether or not to act on our guidance rests with you. The information provided by WEIGHT ESCAPE Ltd. is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional. WEIGHT ESCAPE uses reasonable care to ensure that the content provided is reliable, informative and accurate. However, WEIGHT ESCAPE shall not be liable for any loss or damage that anyone may suffer in reliance on the information on this website, on our social media communication channels or on our Programmes or events. If any part of WEIGHT ESCAPE’S limitation on liability is found to be unenforceable, the maximum liability towards a client arising from participation on a Programme is the amount paid by the client to access the WEIGHT ESCAPE Programme. Any claim arising from participation on a Programme must be submitted to WEIGHT ESCAPE within six months of the date on which the event that gave rise to the claim occurred.
We cannot and do not make any representations or warranty with respect to the content of our website, social media posts, Programmes and events. Use of our website, participation on our Programmes and events, and other services are at your own risk.
WEIGHT ESCAPE is designed as a guide to making lifestyle changes; it is not medical advice. The content we provide is not intended to be relied upon for medical diagnosis or treatment. We recommend that you speak with your doctor or medical practitioner before embarking on the WEIGHT ESCAPE Programme and inform and discuss with them any changes you might make to your lifestyle. Do not disregard medical advice or delay visiting a medical professional because of something you read on our site, heard on our Programmes, or on our other communication channels. If any WEIGHT ESCAPE content conflicts with advice from your doctor or medical practitioner, the latter takes precedence.
For questions or concerns about any medical conditions you may have, please contact your doctor before embarking on the WEIGHT ESCAPE Programme. Because of specific nutritional needs and/or other specialist requirements, the Programme is not intended for pregnant women, women who are exclusively breastfeeding, people with suspected or diagnosed eating disorders, or children under the age of 18.
Links within this website and our other channels may lead to other websites however WEIGHT ESCAPE assumes no responsibility for the content of any other website to which it links. No websites may include links to this website without written permission from WEIGHT ESCAPE Ltd.
Occasionally, technology issues may arise which impact on the operation of the Programme. We will act swiftly to address such issues and minimise disruption to your participation. If maintenance is required on the site, clients will be notified in advance and the duration of the maintenance activity will be kept to a minimum.
WEIGHT ESCAPE’s website pages and Programme documentation are protected by copyright and intellectual property rights. Content is for personal use only and cannot be used for commercial purposes. No WEIGHT ESCAPE content (including articles, photographs and images) may be modified, copied, reproduced or distributed unless you have obtained WEIGHT ESCAPE’S written consent. Selling or licensing WEIGHT ESCAPE content is prohibited.
CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
WEIGHT ESCAPE may update its terms of service from time to time. If there are significant changes we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before they take effect. We encourage you to check this page frequently.